Each Graduate Student receives one free poster per academic year. To request the use of the plotter, complete the following:
- Review "Creating your poster with Microsoft Powerpoint".
- Have your advisor email firstname.lastname@example.org stating that he/she approves the poster request.
- Complete and submit the application.
- Please allow 3 business days to schedule your request.
Plotter requests are subject to the rules below:
- Be sure to bring your file on a USB Flash drive, have it available on your M: drive, or send it via the online application form.
- There are no "rough drafts". You are limited to one (1) printed poster of size 42"(wide) X 36"(tall).
- Use the standard Windows fonts (Times New Roman and Arial work fine)
- No backgrounds. Backgrounds make the poster more susceptible to fingerprints and scratches, and are very expensive to print.
- Color: It is important to note that printed colors will be less vivid than those that you see on your computer monitor. As a rule, dark colors will print darker.
- If there is a printing problem caused by our staff or equipment (printer error) we will re-print the poster.
- Reprint requests due to typographical, layout, or other errors not related to our staff or equipment will be denied.